U name it

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Seen A Ghost ??

Since childhood have heard so much about the ghosts but never seen one myself, do they exist or … I am sure each one of you has heard lot of those ghost stories. I don’t know how many of you actually believe that ghosts exist, how many of you are scared of them.

I remember as a kid in school I had my fears and it was terrible. The school being housed in 18th century French castle, and located a secluded spot, fit to shoot horror movies. All kinds of stories used to float around. On one of the windows, in the dormitory there was an old painting, we where told that the guy who was making this fell from the window and died and his ghost roams around in the dormitory at night. On another wall there was this door which had been sealed, that door actually led to what was supposed to be the art room that again was said to be haunted.

Then there were stories about the French General who was buried in the basement of the main building and some other English soldiers who were buried around the school building, how their headless bodies rode the horses on the full moon nights. As a kid u lap all those stories. In ur mind there is always fear lurking.

One night I woke up, just past midnight, heard a strange sound, it appeared someone was walking around, but I did not see any one. I was so frightened, and the same thing happened the next day, in fact it became a daily routine. I wud wake around midnight and hear that same sound, scared to death, I wud be sweating even, whole day I wud be thinking about it. It continued for weeks, when one day I said I had to face it no matter what happened, that night when I heard that sound I just sat up, after a few seconds I realized it was the guy sleeping on the next bed, the sound was coming from there, went over to his bed and realized he was sleeping. It was his teeth that made that sound, I was so relieved that day, the next day I changed my bed to another part of the dormitory and got rid of the ghost.

Some where along I got rid of all fear for the ghosts, in fact by the time I was in senior dormitory I wud pretend to be a ghost myself. The dormitory was on the first floor with rows of door opening on the terrace, there were many statues, especially two large ones of tigers, so sometimes late at night I used to go out on the terrace with a white sheet, hold the sheet high just to create an illusion as some one very tall, then gently walk across the terrace, sit down, then hide behind one of those statues and re appear. I don’t know if any one ever saw me doing that and if any one did then how he felt.

The most credible story came from my aunt, but then again what she saw ....was it a ghost or a spirit or some thing else ? The first floor room at my maternal grandma’s place was supposed to be haunted. One evening my aunt was teaching a cousin of mine in that room, she sat facing the door when she saw this bright light entering the room thru the door and she said what’s this and then my cousin who sat facing the window said n what was that……that light. entered thru the door and went out thru the window …..once another aunt was sleeping when she got up in the middle of the night, saying she felt that some lay down next to her on the bed, when there was no one around.

Although I have spent so much time there but never came across anything, though once I was sleeping there with an uncle of mine. When I woke up early morning I did not find him on the bed, later when I asked him what happened he said at night he felt that a tall bearded guy was standing at the foot of the bed trying to say something, so after a while my uncle just went to another room downstairs, how mean he did not even tell me that he was going.

I don’t know where the truth lies, but today I am firm believer that there is nothing like a ghost or a spirit, I think its more an illusion as a result to what’s going on in ur mind, or how ur mind has been shaped from childhood. Lets hear what u ppl have to say on this one, has any one come across one?


15 Comments:

  • Very interesting topic Jackal...

    I dunno if u read my post abt ghosts (Genre:Horror). In there I have written of an apparition I saw...it was real. No one can tell me that it wasnt, cos I SAW it and I was wide AWAKE then :)

    I believe they exist...but only some ppl can see them...ppl with the 6th sense...

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 5:17 PM  

  • i believe......i believe .......n i believe............
    i haven't seen and better not to see in future too
    but i believe in their existence..............i'm too much scare abt all this stuff......which force me to belive i guess!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:16 AM  

  • Keshi:

    I havent read ur post..but will do it now....
    "ppl with the 6th sense" hmm im may be lucky not to have tht 6th sense..

    Pinki:

    ohhh nooo i hope ur heart beat is back to 72 by now....i think u shud not be afraid of the dead...its the living that are more dangerous....anyway..next time ur afraid..just take my name 7 times nd u wud be fine : )

    Nitika:
    Y believe in something which u arnt even sure if it exists....i think the fear only kicks in beacuse of all the stories one gets to hear since childhood....

    By Blogger Jackal, at 10:15 AM  

  • Jackal lol yess..u r lucky :)

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 4:55 PM  

  • never seen a ghost
    but i think humans r more scary then them....

    By Blogger strawy, at 4:15 AM  

  • Pinki:
    Whts' scary abt the Jackals?


    Fairy:
    Absolutely rt.....i think the humans are the biggest mosters.....

    By Blogger Jackal, at 10:54 AM  

  • Pinki:
    Whts' scary abt the Jackals?


    Fairy:
    Absolutely rt.....i think the humans are the biggest monsters.....

    By Blogger Jackal, at 10:54 AM  

  • Jackal come back from ur ghost-hunting :)

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 8:13 PM  

  • Hi:)
    V interesting topic..1 which really appeals 2 masses...tht gritting teeth incident was actually funny:0..good u gt rid of the GHost and menaged 2over cm ur fear...

    By Blogger sebia, at 12:23 PM  

  • Sebia:

    But it wasn't funny then, trust me........how u have been doing...u just disappered....tcc

    By Blogger Jackal, at 2:16 AM  

  • I dunno i somehow believe in the existence of ghosts and spirits ... i have had friends and aunts and uncles telling me about such scary stuff ... infact ma mom tells tht when young they used to call the ghosts and ask questions ... just as shown in some serials nowadays ... it was hard for me to digest those stories ..... but anyway ....

    I asked my Sanskrit teacher, coz she was into religion n stuff, if ghosts exist .... she said They do ... but not everyone can see them ... tiz only a few people .................. she also added that at times ... when u see a white shadow/person/something passing by ... it's usually a spirit ... a 'good' spirit passing by ...... i was like :O

    Am alone at home right now... and tiz so bloody dark outside ... all this while i was too lazy to go switch on the lights ... and now am a bit too scared to go down n switch on the lights ... this house is no less than some haunted mansion ... shit this reminds me of the movie 'Resident Evil' .... omg .. am scared!

    By Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ, at 11:14 AM  

  • hmm...got here aftr readin ur comment...I believe in Ghosts & d supernatural...as much as i believe there is good and evil...there is a GOD and there is d devil! But i've never seen any ghost ever...and i agree people are sumtimes scarier than anything supernatural!!

    i gotta question which i put up in my blog....m sure u'd have an answer to that:-)...

    By Blogger ishipishi, at 8:43 PM  

  • I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

  • Enjoyed a lot! » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home